The Services are directed solely to persons 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly gather information from visitors who are under 16. If we become aware that we have gathered information from a person under 16, then we will attempt to delete such information as soon as possible. If you believe that we have gathered Information from a person under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Jolt uses four categories of data to provide the Services. When this Agreement uses the term “Data” alone and without other qualification, it refers to all four categories.
Contact Data: Contact Data consists of your name, e-mail address and other contact information you provide using the App. Contact information is accessible only by us. We use your Contact Data to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or request feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, to send you administrative notifications (such as security, support or maintenance advisories), for service improvement, and to address issues like malicious use of the Services. We may also use your Contact Data to notify you about new features in the Services, and to send you general information about us and/or our partners. We do not collect Contact Data for the purpose of selling such information in a way that specifically identifies the individual (i.e. we don’t sell customer lists).
Service Data: Service Data consist of your user name and the information you choose to make available to your Team Leader and other Users on your team via the App. It includes your goals, progress towards goals, exercise times, and related information. It may also include personal data about your personal fitness goals and exercise results that you either input into the app through Facebook Messenger or that the App imports by connecting (with your permission) with Apple Health Kit, Google Fit, Fitbit, or their equivalent services provided by third parties. Service Data does not include data incorporated from third parties that relates to your height, weight, personally identifiable biometric information, birthday, or other personal information that does not relate to your personal fitness goals and exercise results. Service Data is accessible only by us, members of your team, your Team Leader, and the Subscriber who employs your Team Leader (if your Team Leader is an employee or agent of a Subscriber).
Personal Data: Personal Data consists of height, weight, personally identifiable biometric information, birthday, and other personal information that does not relate to your personal fitness goals and exercise results. Your Personal Data is accessible only to us and to you. We do not share it with third parties. However, we may use Personal Data to make inferences about you that help us provide the Services. For example, we may use Personal Data in an aggregated and anonymized format that is not identifiable to any individual in order to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and for the purposes of health research. That aggregated and anonymized information belongs solely to us.
Usage Data: Usage Data consist of information relating to your use of the App, such as the device you use, how often you access the App and at what times, information gathered through cookies and other technical tools, your geographical location, and similar related usage information. Usage Data is accessible to us and to you. We use the Usage Data to administer and improve our Services to you. We may also use your Usage Data in a de-identified, anonymous way in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Services to process their requests.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your Information as follows.
- At Your Instruction. One purpose of our Services is for users to share information related to their use of the Services with other users. We allow you to choose the information you provide to other users but ask that you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) about yourself.
- Completion of Business Transactions. If you pay for the Services with a credit card or through your bank account, we may share your information with third party service providers in order to complete your purchase, but we will only share your information with these third parties as much as is necessary to do so.
- Service Providers. We may sometimes use a third party to provide specific services on our behalf, including sending e-mails to our members, conducting member surveys, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis of our services. In these cases, we may provide certain personal information, such as your name and e-mail address and other financial information necessary for the service to be provided. However, these third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
- Business Transitions. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, the information we have about you will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. We reserve the right to transfer that information in connection with such transactions without notice to you.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Information: If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline, please follow the instructions below.
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending a request for list removal to email@example.com
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their (or their customers') direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email that you have signed up or used in receiving the Services.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Services, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
We are not an entity that is covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA and their service providers. This means that the information that you provide to us is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY FOR EU RESIDENTS
The security of your Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
TESTIMONIALS, RATINGS, REVIEWS, AND PUBLIC FORUM
If you submit testimonials, ratings or reviews to the Services, any information you include will be displayed in the Service. We also partner with third-party service providers to collect and display ratings and review content on our web site. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at email@example.com
Our Services may offers publicly accessible message and comment boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. To request removal of your Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information or some content (if, for example, it is reposted by another user), in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You can log in to some of the Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Some services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities via the Services to your profile page to share with others within your network.
In addition, when using some of our mobile applications we may allow you a chance to tell friends about our services by accessing the contacts in your Facebook or other social media account.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
ACCESS AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the information we hold about you in order to verify the information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: email@example.com
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of your Personal Contact Information. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, we will investigate your complaint and if it is justified, we will take appropriate measures.